Stack announces its return to Newcastle in a new location

The venue is set to return before Christmas if plans go ahead

It’s been four long months since we were forced to part ways with our beloved Stack after they closed its doors at the end of May this year. Despite other outdoor venues such as Beach box and Market Shaker filling in for them throughout the summer, its closing has undoubtedly left a Stack sized hole in the Toon ever since. And so we are absolutely buzzing at its announcement of its planned return – we asked and they delivered.

The announcement came earlier this week via its website, revealing the venue’s plans to create a pop-up Stack which will be in place for a year, after customers vocalised their strong interest in the return of the venue sooner rather than later. The plans have been submitted this week and if given the green light, the new venue will be located in the Stephenson Quarter, next to the Crown Plaza Hotel and behind Central station.

The temporary pop-up will use the famous shipping containers, street food vans, a stage and large screen, and of course the return of the famous Hadrian’s Tipi but this time will be all on one level. Neill Winch, CEO of Danieli Group who own Stack Newcastle said the team are “very excited to be able to announce our plans which we hope will mean its return just in time to celebrate Christmas”. If plans are successful, the new and temporary Stack will sit on Forth Street.

Neill said: “We are delighted to be able to play a part in bringing back to the city one of its main attractions. It will help us to activate the site and draw more people to enjoy this part of the city.

“STACK will help us create a place where people can live, work, study and play right in the heart of Newcastle.”

And in the meantime, plans for the return of a permanent Stack location in Newcastle are being finalised and hopefully will be unveiled in the near future. Despite being a little further outside of town, it’s definitely worth the walk in our opinion and we’re over the moon to see Stack return to Newcastle, even if it is only temporarily. We’ve missed you, Stack!

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.