All the Newcastle festivals you need to know about this summer

Did somebody say resident discount?

There’s no need to break the bank this summer, travel four hours on a sweaty train or cram a weekend’s worth of mesh and Strongbow Darkfruits into your mate’s Vauxhaull Corsa. Newcastle is hosting some mint festivals this summer right on your doorstep, so you can have the best Toon summer and take advantage of your tenancy before the doom and gloom of September returns. If you’re watching Glastonbury right now and are as jealous as we are, we highly recommend you book tickets for one of the events below and make the most of summer!

Kubix Festival: 9th July

Claimed to be the maddest throwback dance party, Kubix is yet another festival spinning the 90s and 00s tunes we love to belt out on the way to Grey’s for a night out. Think Steps, Aqua and the famous Vengaboys as well as Fatman Scoop in the dance arena. Tickets are now on second release at £42.94 so a bit more on the spenny side but you’re also getting some unreal views as it’s located at Herrington Country Park. While beaut, it’s a bit of a nightmare to get to via public transport so it might be a good one to invite your parents to for a weekend of bonding over “Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!” together if they’re the raving type.

Pride: 22nd-24th July

Pride only gets bigger and better every year, with live music, performances and appearances from former RuPaul’s Drag Race competitors. Northern Pride Festival have planned the event on the theme “Remember, Resist, Rise up” which will also take place on Town Moor. There’ll also be a ‘Rainbow Village’, funfair and tons of street performers and food and drink vendors. It’s also amazing fun for all and an excuse to pull out that Hawaiian necklace you got from Revs’ bottomless brunch six months ago.

Cheesetoon: 22nd-24th July

Obviously this was going to make the cut. Expect to find raclette, poutine, paramos, pizza, halloumi and of course mac and cheese as well as live bands, musicians and DJs throughout the weekend. And tickets are cheaper than a pint at Stack (miss you Stack) at £3. One for the student who likes the finer things; swing by for a chill afternoon of drinking, eating cheese and pretending to like blacksticks blue.

More details here.

Loosefest 22: 30th-31st July

Coming to Town Moor this July, Loosefest boasts a sick line up, with some of the biggest names being the Black Eyed Peas, AJ Tracey, Patrick Topping, Mabel, Joel Corry, Jamie Jones and so many more. But get this – residents get over 60% discount on tickets so get them quick as to avoid listening from your yard and suffering serious fomo. The perfect location to be raving at 11pm and in bed by 11.10pm – or a banging pres before hitting Shaker.

Get discounted tickets here before the deal ends on June 30th.

This is South Tyneside: July

South Tyneside brings music to the coast, with big names Will Young, Ella Henderson, your fave 90s pop and dance anthems and the sound of the 80s. Acts are performing across three dates in July at Bents Park and tickets are absolutely FREE. Gates open at 12.45pm so you can recover from last night’s hangover and still make it on time. More info here.

Noughty 90s: 27th-28th August

If you’re an Oops regular then this festival is for you. Returning this year with a huge lineup, expect to hear from Vengaboys, Boyzlife and DJ Pied Piper, all taking place on the famous Leazes Park. Tickets are SO cheap too, with weekend tickets currently at £60.75 and single day tickets £38.75. Arguably the UK’s biggest throwback festival and without the absolute ball ache that is organising transport and accommodation.

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.