Image may contain: Party, Crowd, Smile, Portrait, Face, Human, Person, People

‘Double dates with your mates’ started on Thursday at 97 & Social

They ended up in Swingers

The Tab Newcastle's new blind dating feature started this week. We teamed up with 97 & Social on the Ozzy Road to bring our singletons the best dating experience. Of course, we want our daters to be at their ease and enjoy the dating experience as much as possible. We, therefore, have decided that dating with your best mate makes it all the more fun.

To kick it off, after many applications, we found two fabulous friendships and paired them up together. We told the daters the time and place to meet, and the next morning caught up with them separately about how it all went. Was there love in the air? You'll have to read and see…

Annie Hartley and Rachel Bickler, third year, Chemistry and English Language

Image may contain: Party, Crowd, Human, Person, People

Billy Kemp, resitting first year Accounting and Finance, and Finlay Wotton, second year Maths and Finance

Image may contain: Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Glass, Potted Plant, Plant, Person, People, Human

Let's hear from the girls…

How long have you guys been mates for?

Two long and WONDERFUL years.

What is your type? Do you both look for the same thing in a partner?

We both tend to go for twats normally LOL. Our type is generally tall and funny.

What were your first impressions of the others?

Pleasantly surprised. Wasn't expecting them to be fit at all!!! They both had really good chat and seemed really chilled. We don't usually date 10 year olds though…

Would you swipe right for them?

Deffo, we might even use our superlikes.

Was it easy to tell which of you fancied which? You don’t want to be liking the same person!

We both liked both of them, we just all got on really well.

You went to 97 & Social, was this a good place for a date?

Yeah literally ideal, and it was 2 for 1 on cocktails so no complaints from the boys HAHA .

What was the atmosphere like?

97 is always so busy & there was a DJ so really good vibes. Our waiter was fab as well he scoped the boys out for us before we sat down to check they were okay.

What drinks did you have?

We were there sinking double vodkas and sambuca shots (legends) and the boys were drinking expresso martinis. No comment.

Were there any awkward moments?

We were quite nervous at the beginning but the boys were so friendly, they'd had pre drinks lol and as soon as we had a drink the conversation flowed really well.

Image may contain: Human, Person, People

What did you like about them?

Just top lads who don't take themselves too seriously, had a really good laugh and they were down to come to Swingers with us after the date. Deeecent.

Was there anything you didn’t like about them?

Not really, their mates tracked them on Find My Friends though and rocked up at the table next to us half way through the date – think they were a bit mortified but we just found it funny. They were getting with gals in Swingers as well so deffo minus points for that.

If they were a celeb duo who would they be?

Someone from Towie.

Snog, marry or avoid?

Snog

Will you see them again?

Will see them every Thursday on the Swingers terrace. Oi oi.

If you were to message them again, would it be for a date, a booty-call or to hang out as pals?

Date/pal date

Did any of you kiss?

Nah, we're classy birds.

Apparently you ended up in Swingers!? Tell us the story

We were absolutely buzzing when we suggested swingers and they said they were going to ask us the exact same question. Had a bit of a groovy boogie together, sick way to end a magical evening.

Image may contain: Drink, Cocktail, Beverage, Alcohol, Glass

Their drinks mmm

Let's hear from the boys…

How long have you guys been mates for?

A year, we're on same course and had mutual mates.

Funny out going girls, but anything above a four goes. We like a good personality as well of course.

Very good and seemed confident, need to practice on their time management skills mind.

Would you swipe right for them?

Of course, we swipe right for everyone.

We don’t mind, sharing is caring.

Yeah really good bar for a date, would recommend it to anyone.

What was the atmosphere like?

Pretty chilled out and relaxed, staff were friendly and the drinks were peng.

What drinks did you have?

Tons of beers.

Image may contain: Mojito, Mint, Cocktail, Drink, Beverage, Human, Person, People

Lots of lager here boys…

Were there any awkward moments?

Apart from when some mates stalked us on Snapchat maps and sat behind us, no.

What did you like about them?

They were pretty, had good craic and were up for a laugh, very nice girls. Kept us on our toes a bit too not going to lie.

The way they pronounced Blanc, probably correct but sounded odd.

Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby .

Snog, marry or avoid?

Snog

Will you see them again?

Will definitely bump into them on the Thursday night terrace.

Booty-call

Did any of you kiss?

No

Well, I think they may have asked if we were going swingers before they even asked our names, was a good night out.

Image may contain: Party, Crowd, Table, Furniture, Dining Table, Human, Person, People

If you want to be a part of this double dating extravaganza then apply here and if you already have, just wait for the call up!