Stage One announces a one-off Swingers at Digital

It’s flower power themed

Stage One Events, one of Newcastle’s largest student events company, has announced a venue change for Swingers in a special one-off night out at the end of term.

Swingers, which is one of the most popular students night out – and usually in Greys Club, will move to Digital in the Centre of Life on Wednesday 8th June.

With support from Horse Meat Disco, OuT, Mista and Paradise Disco Durham, Stage One will put on a ‘Flower Power’ Sexually Transmitted Disco in the world renowned nightclub.

Stage One are also giving away a Swingers Hall Pass to someone. The ‘groupie’ pass gives the holder free entry and queue jump to every Swingers event for the rest of their life.

What you can expect

With support help from so many different DJs it looks set to be a large night at Digital.

Here’s what you can expect.

Horse Meat Disco

Inspired by the music and inclusive ethos of New York’s heady club scene in the 80s & 90s the collective have garnered a unique reputation for throwing amazing parties with unmatchable sets. The quartet of DJs each mix their own individual interpretations of the disco sound with a soundtrack that marries their expertise and shared knowledge and experience in the field.

In: Digital, extended 2 Hour Set

Support from: MISTA [Ocsid Werks], Sean Harrington [Amine Acid], Raunaq Cavet

OuT

OuT have teamed up with Swingers to bring their unique sound to Digital. They’ve drafted in the best of the best from all corners of Newcastle, expect Grime, Drum&Bass and all things liquid. Check out their Soundcloud to give yourself a little taste: https://soundcloud.com/outnewcastle.

Support from: Franklin, Joe Mitchel, Lewis Browell, Yemi & Sami

Paradise Disco

Based just a stone’s throw away, Durham’s hottest tropical getaway Paradise Disco will be serving up all things soulful and funky in Room 2. Armed with just a bag full of records each, their residents will be bringing a taste of the island life spinning anything from a wide range of genres such as jazz, disco, house, and afro beat, all with a percussive focus delivering a feel good vibe like no other. Come shake a leg with them and kick back on fruity cocktails as they deliver their energetic grooves for one night only on their debut outing in Newcastle.

In: The Other Room and Smokers Paradise Terrace

Support from: Bobby Barfoot B2B Rory O’Callaghan

Stevie Wonderland

Fresh off the back of touring with Cirque Du Soul, Horse Meat Disco and part of the Notting Hill Carnival last summer, Swingers welcome to the stage; ‘Stevie Wonderland’ comprising of a celebration of all things disco – the Paradise Garage, Studio 54, the dancers, the divas and the all music that went with it.

In: Feral Funk & Soul Room

Support from: Ryan Moscrop, Charlie Blades Walker [Blades], Luke Sander

Tickets have yet to be released.