Meet the Newcastle MoBros fundraising for Movember

I mustache you a question

Movember – a time to raise awareness of  men’s health whilst preserving the British Institution of great facial hair.

Newcastle MoBros is a group made up of Newcastle students and members of the local community. They are banding together to aid in the fight against Prostate and Testicular Cancer.

This year you can choose between growing a mustache or keeping active each day of Movember, so there’s no excuse to avoid raising money for such a worthwhile cause.

Her are some of this year’s Bros growing Mos in the Toon:

George Adams, Movember Ambassador for Newcastle

George is also the President of NURFC. He’s sported some top notch facial attire last year.

Laurence Brown, Marketing and Management, third year

From London, this boy told The Tab: “I’ve already managed to raised £80 of the £350 total so far, and we are less than a week in!”

Mungo Akerman, Modern Languages, second year

The NURFC social sec said: “I performed well in past Movembers.”

Tom Bolton, Economics, third year

“I’ve made a fantastic start with £70 already raised. I’m fundraising in memory of my brother, who lost his fight with cancer in 2005.”

Alex Hearn, International Business Management, first year

“I’m fundraising to help the one in eight men who will be affected by cancer in their lifetime.”

Dave Graham (middle), Economics, third year

“I’m taking part so I can help raise money to eliminate testicular cancer altogether, the most common cancer in men aged 25-49.”

Joe Teasdale, Business Management, Northumbria, third year

“I’m growing a moustache to bring the moustache back with style and have some fun supporting a good cause.”

Scott Murchie (right), Marketing, third year

“I’m raising money to help the families of the 1.1 million men with prostate cancer worldwide.”

Mark Cox, Voodoo Events

“Im fundraising to help everyone affected by the big C!”

James Leary, Law, third year

“I’m fundraising for all the families affected by cancer, and the fact we will all know someone affected by cancer in our lifetime.”

If you fancy fundraising for a great cause and showing off your beautiful mustache, or keeping active, then you can sign up here.

We’ll keep you updated with the fundraising and the progress of the best Newcastle MoBro Mustache’s over the course of the month.
You can donate at: http://moteam.co/newcastle-mobro-s