The Tab’s ‘Live for Life’ raises £635 for Teenage Cancer Trust
Thanks to everyone who came along
The Tab presents “Live” for Life event raised over £600 for The Teenage Cancer trust.
On Wednesday 11th March around 200 of you came to the party at Bar Blanc to support the charity.
£635.92 was raised including gift aid, and you can donate now by clicking here.
Many have helped to partake in fundraising, including #shavetosave in which Newcastle students have taken a razor to their locks.
Harry and Xav are climbing the three peaks this summer, and gave away a prize bottle of vodka to the participant who could most accurately guess the number of Tab condoms in the bucket. You can donate to them here.
Nine students performed songs including “No Woman, No Cry”, “Ready or Not’ and some originals to keep the crowd happy, with some spine tingling performances like this:
Huge thanks to the performers.
Henry Beckwith, Georgia Garnett and Martha Hawkins
Special thanks must also go to all the businesses in Jesmond who kindly donated prizes for the raffle:
- Gel nails appointment from Luxe
- ‘I’d rather be in Arlo’s‘ mug
- Blowdry & manicure for two from Jo Bullerwell
- Four Gregg’s Sausage rolls
- A big self-fill ice cream tub from Archers on Acorn Road
- Igloo frozen yoghurt for two
- Hair cut and blowdry from Boiler House
- Gentlemans haircut from David H on Acorn Road
- £25 Sohe voucher
- A meal for 2 in Pizza Express, Jesmond
- Half price brunch cards and a bottle of rosé from Jam Jar
- A bottle of white wine from Mr. V’s
- A bottle of red wine from R&K’s
- R&B Salon blow dry
- Two pizzas from Slice Master
- Five free coffees from the Robinson Library
And finally thanks to Luke Boobbyer and Victoria Hodge for all their hard work.
We hope to put on at least one more event this academic year, if you’d like to be involved and/or join our team of writers email [email protected].