University of Leicester: the place to be

It’s better than any other uni and you know it

Move aside Russell Group, there’s a new kid in town

Not only are we rated in the top 20 by the university guide for many years running, we have the famous paternoster to take you up the Attenborough Tower and will let you see the wonders of the floors you pass, quite unlike an elevator.

The O2 Academy

Oh yeah, was there a mention that the Leicester O2 academy was attached to the SU? Unlike other unis, we have the convenience of going to see favourite bands right on campus.

We have had the joys of experiencing bands like the Kooks and Babyshambles and we don’t have to travel far either to catch a glimpse.

Say hey to the O2

Dining on campus

Not only in the SU with their gourmet menu, but the Charles Wilson too. You’re spoiled for choice with over ten eating establishments (to my count) all on campus and within a five minute walking radius.

Vegetarian? No problem, we have a café dedicated to your needs: Café Piazza. And apparently there’s a café dedicated solely to medics in the Maurice Shock building grimly named the I.V.

And of course…the students themselves

23,000 strong, unlike our fellow Oxbridge academics, we generally accept students from state schools with the snazzy catchphrase “elite without being elitist” we are proud of it as 89% of us are from state schools.

We are a generally happy bunch too, rating Leicester as 4.12 out of five for satisfaction. We like our alcohol too, with four out of five week nights being considered student nights out but we can also be a studious bunch when needed with 79% of us gaining a “good honours.”

Leicester University remains in the top 20 UK universities