Big Dawg’s back in town

DJ Tim Westwood returns to Leicester this week… despite his controversial comments last year

DJ Tim Westwood is returning to Leicester this week to perform at Club Republic. 

The hip hop clown will make an appearance this Thursday, despite the huge controversy he caused when he peformed in Leicester’s SU last year.

Students didn’t think much of him last year…

In a performance to 2,000 students the then 56-year-old made a series of vile sexist gags to a crowd young enough to be his grandchildren.

These included a series of bizarre jokes, such as:

• “Girls keep your pussies tight and clean.”

• “Girl in the front row with the black dress on, I will be fucking you later.”

• “Security have told me you need to wear a sports bra.”

Freshers at the gig described Westwood’s behaviour as “vulgar” and “inappropriate”.

Now the ageing DJ has returned to Leicester to “bring the vibe to 411!!!!!!”

Recent Leicester grad Chris Tilbury said the decision to bring Westwood back was “unbelievable”.

He said: “I find it hard to believe that someone with his track record has been invited to play anywhere.

“What he said when he was last in Leicester led to national press coverage and him losing a gig in Exeter and rightly so.

“What he said was disgusting”

English Literature student Emma Taylor agreed: “Frankly I’d avoid going to any nights he was playing. But it’s Republic so I wouldn’t go there anyway to be honest.”

Tickets to the event cost £5 and are on sale now.