Insta-glamming Leicester

Leicester’s not-so-hot spots get a spruce up with the help of Instagram.

Some parts of Leicester are downright disgusting and few would think of venturing into the murky underworld of the city.

However, it’s really easy to make the place seem much better especially when the parents come to visit.

By applying a few nifty Instagram filters, you can quickly and simply transform some of Leicester’s not-so-hot spots into places of exceptional beauty. Brace yourself.

Leicester ‘castle’

Taken from this strategic angle with a sepia tinge, Leicester Prison is transformed into what looks like an extravagant castle. Just don’t go knocking on the door asking for a tour any time soon.

Thrilling new playground hits town

By cropping out the uncouth youths who loiter in this area, Nelson Mandela Park looks like the most exhilarating, exciting play area anyone has ever seen. Plus the graffiti is barely visible amid the bright colours and enticing winding path, what’s not to like?

Edgy

With a high contrast and quirky angle, the skid marks and dirt on the road give this photo a real artistic flare. The saturated tones make this image look like it belongs on the next Arctic Monkeys album cover.

Jackson Pollock bird poo

Capturing the renowned Lancaster Road Bridge, more informally known as ‘Pigeon Bridge’, the splatters of bird poo give a great atmospheric, Jackson Pollock-esque edge.

The hustle and bustle of the city

By silencing the market sellers and blurring the locals, Leicester market clearly boasts the hub of the city centre. With 2 lettuces for a pound, Asda has nothing on Market Corner.

“Please use stairs”

Not just a paternoster… this photo really emphasises the fact that it’s not working, evoking an emotion which all University of Leicester students can relate to. Now that’s a sight for sore eyes if ever I saw one.

Are you a keen Instagrammer? Do you of other places that could do with some Instagram attention? Send us your pics to [email protected] and we’ll post the best ones.