King of Sultans Tyson Fury set to release debut single

The world champion boxer is releasing a single for mental health charity Talk Club

World champion boxer and frequent Sultan of Lancaster Experience visitor, Tyson Fury, has announced that he will be releasing a charity single to raise money for men’s mental health charity, Talk Club.

Fury has worked alongside the staff at British Grove Studios to record his cover of Neil Diamond’s Sweet Caroline.

Well-known throughout Lancaster and Morecambe by students and residents, Tyson Fury is an influential member of the British public eye. Fury recently cut the ribbon at the grand opening of the Sultans’ new branch on Caton Road.

He chose Sweet Caroline due to his love for the song as well as its connection with the FIFA World Cup, which will begin this November in Qatar.

Fury’s cover is due to be released on November 11th, right before the World Cup begins. He told BBC News: “Sweet Caroline is a record I’ve always loved and I’m excited to record and release it.

“What better time to release it than around the World Cup?

“If it helps England along the way in the World Cup, well that’s an added bonus”.

The Sultans patron explained that Talk Club “do such amazing work”. Tyson Fury is renowned for his openness about mental health and for actively encouraging those struggling to reach out.

Fury stated: “I have been very vocal about my mental health struggle, especially since my comeback. It has been widely printed about my highs and lows, ups and downs, so I’ve tried my best to keep talking about it as much as I can and keep trying to smash the stigma.”

100 per cent of the song’s profits will be donated to the charity, which supports men through organising talking groups, sports groups, and therapy.

Co-founders of the charity, Ben Akers and Gavin Thorpe, said: “Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 50 in the UK. Tyson Fury is a champion, in and out of the ring to many of those men. Men see themselves in Tyson, so when he talks – or sings – they listen.”

Featured image credit: @sultanexperience on Instagram

Related articles recommended by this writer: