Breaking News

LUSU announces ‘preferenda’ to rename The Sugarhouse

Students will be given the opportunity to vote for their choice of name from June 8th to the 9th

LUSU have announced that a “preferenda” will soon take place in order to decide what the new name for the Students’ Union night club will be, following the recent AGM in which students decided the name should be changed.

The post stated that on June 1st “a jury consisting of randomly selected students will decide on the 10 names which will then go to a preferenda vote”, and noted that one of the 10 “candidate names” will be Sugarhouse.

The aim of the jury will be to choose from the list of potential names which have been submitted by students, and decide on the other nine candidate names, which will be released following the meeting, “alongside a call for campaign groups”.

Students will be given the opportunity to vote for their choice of name from June 8th to the 9th.

The announcement also stated: “The preferenda will need to reach a turnout of 10 per cent of eligible voting members, so we will be looking at how we can incentivise engaging in this preferenda similar to our AGM, and elections so keep an eye on our social media for an update!”

Related articles recommended by this writer

‘This time it feels to good to be true’: Lancs students on coming out of lockdown

The most iconic dissertation picture locations on campus

Mamma Mia, Tropicana, Coachella: Extrav themes for 2021 revealed