Lancaster University postpones Class of 2020 Graduation ceremonies

Outgoing students will have to wait even longer to say goodbye to Lancaster

In information given to The Tab Lancaster, we can confirm that Lancaster University’s Class of 2020 have had their graduation ceremonies postponed to an unconfirmed date in 2021.

The ceremonies were already delayed to December as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, with graduations being confirmed to be postponed back in April – the ceremonies were originally planned to take place on July 14th and 17th.

In the leaked email, the university told students: “It’s now becoming increasingly clear that it is highly unlikely that it would be safe or practicable to hold these ceremonies in December, and therefore we have taken the decision to postpone graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2020.

“We are currently investigating when to hold these ceremonies and will be back in touch in early 2021 with an update.”

This comes in wake of the Government’s latest advice, banning social gatherings of more than six people, and will no doubt come as disappointing news to outgoing students – by the time they graduate, it could almost be one year since they completed their studies here in Lancaster.