Come write for us at The Tab King’s!

No experience needed and no scary application process

Has studying from home got your bored out of your mind? Why not try something new and join us at The Tab King’s. There’s no experience required, and we’re a lovely bunch. You could be covering the latest King’s gossip, breaking hard-hitting stories, or helping us fill our Insta with memes.

We’re particularly encouraging students from minority backgrounds to sign up. If you feel like journalism isn’t typically accessible for people from your background, please do get in touch via Facebook or Instagram.

No experience is needed, and you’ll have guidance from experienced editors to get you up and running, whether news or features is your thing. The process is simple.

You don’t even need to apply – just come to our virtual open meeting this Thursday!

Why The Tab King’s?

3 students in Tab t-shirts holding drinks and smiling

Last year, we broke the biggest stories on campus, with some making it into national news. Fire risks in halls, September’s accommodation crisis, XR protests, and Covid updates – we cover the stories that matter most to King’s students.

Investigating important issues is a great way to exercise your voice, and push for the university you want. We’ve investigated King’s counselling waitlist, as well as sexual harassment on campus, to raise awareness on serious problems and encourage students to take action.

If you’re not into covering heavy news, that’s no problem. We’re always looking for people to cover campus gossip, talk about animal crossing, or create classic Tab quizzes. What you write is up to you.

Join Us!

The best of all this is you don’t need any experience to apply. We’ll support you every step of the way, and help you learn all the skills you need to publish a great article. Unlike other student publications, we don’t expect you to come in knowing exactly what you’re doing. We’re a close-knit team, and are always happy to answer your questions whilst you find your feet.

You don’t have to be an English student, or plan to go into journalism in the future (although Tab writers have gone on to work for Buzzfeed, The Times, The Guardian, and Vice amongst others).

It’s an opportunity to get to know new people, have a laugh and cover whatever interests you. You also get a free Tab t-shirt, which means you can put off doing your laundry for another day.

If all this has you convinced, come to our open meeting and you’re good to go. No scary application form, no interviews, just say hello!

Simply join our Zoom meeting at 5pm on Thursday to say hi and find out more.

Follow this link to our Facebook event and message us on Facebook or Instagram @thetabkcl if you have any questions!