Coronavirus patient went to a conference in London with over 250 people

The patient then took an Uber to the hospital

The coronavirus patient who was diagnosed in St. Thomas’ hospital yesterday last week attended a conference with over 250 people.

Efforts are being made to contact those across the U.K. who attended the U.K. Bus Summit in central London.

Everyone who attended the Summit has been emailed to warn them that they may have come into contact with the Chines national at the event.

Stock image credit: SWNS

The email, as quoted in the Financial Times, said: “While the degree of contact you may have had with the case at the summit is unlikely to have been significant, we are taking a precautionary approach and informing you.”

The woman attended the Summit at the QEII centre on February 6 along with several high profile guests including bus minister Baroness Vere of Norbiton.

Three days later the patient took an Uber to Lewisham Hospital after coming down with flu-like symptoms.

Since then two healthcare workers at Lewisham Hospital have been put in isolation for two weeks and the Uber driver has been suspended.

Almost 800 people yesterday were tested for the virus across the U.K. after the ninth confirmed case of coronavirus.

There is a fear of the disease spreading on the London Underground and people who are showing symptoms are urged to stay at home and call 111.

Stock featured image via SWNS