VOTE: What’s the best club in London?

We literally don’t know

We’ve got some of the best nightlife in the country, if not in the world.

But one big question remains unanswered: where really is the best place in London to get absolutely shopping trolleyed?

Walkabout

No club in this fine land does Wednesdays as classic as Walkies. Cheap drinks, cheaper entry and you’re guaranteed to bump into everyone from the weirdo at the back of your seminar to Seb Deb himself. Where else could you have this much fun before 1am? Answer: literally nowhere.

XOYO

Classic xoyo crowd

Edgier than a dodecahedron,  XOYO is the perfect place for those into velvet crop tops and buying nos balloons for a fiver each off a guy in a tracksuit. The house is so deep freshers are given armbands, but that doesn’t put anyone off. A firm favourite.

Fabric

From the sniffer dogs to the obligatory body searches to the crowded unisex toilets, you’re bound to get the Fabric “feeling”. And since they stopped doing student nights, it’s a total steal at anything from about £15 for entry. But even so, it’s a legendary venue loved by equally legendary students.

Ministry of Sound

Halloween – or just for self defence when you leave?

Ministry is the club you tell your pals from outside London you’ve been to. A London icon, although the name ‘Ministry of foreign affairs’ would make more sense. Although the generally cringe student nights involve weak crowd participation (“scream if you’re from London Met”), it’s certainly worth the vibrating dance floors and hair raising bass.

The Nest

A temple of house and dubstep, the cosy underground venue is like a dungeon injected with a strobe light and a kilo of MDMA. A place to forget who you are, where you are, with plenty of fog to hide the fellow with eyes the size of dinner plates and a clenched jaw dancing in circles by the bar. You, that is.

Proud

An old Stables converted into a club, Proud is an odd name for a place featuring multiple rooms with inebriated men and women attempting to pole dance. An arrangement of nights from club music to obscure artists, with Mondays to be avoided due to UCL infestation.

Trivia: Legend has it on Halloween 2013, girls were seen leaving the club early complaining of a “clam fest”.

Roxy

Excellent nights out guaranteed Wednesday to Friday, although currently plagued my semester abroad Americans. Mix of classic pop and top 40 tunes, with the layout of a bar and the dancing of a club. Can get really crowded so prepare to show of your moves to the cloakroom staff.

Piccadilly Institute 

The one English person in the club

Have you ever been held back at passport control and wondered what would happen if it was darker, everyone was dressed up nicely, and there was a disco ball? Welcome to Piccadilly institute. Not the best place to go if you want to dance, but I suppose that’s an experience, right?