So you’ve made it to KCL…here’s what you should do next

A great big ol’ welcome from The King’s Tab

Congratulations! You’ve officially survived Sixth Form – exam stress, badly timed spots, and awkward encounters with the opposite gender are behind you…and in front of you.

Welcome to university, where you’re a responsible adult with no inclination to act as such, there’s way more free time but far less money to take advantage of it, and you have huge academic freedom and an even larger determination not to use it.

But who cares, you now have the great honour of being able to call yourself a part of King’s – an honour also once bestowed upon the likes of Tutu, Keats and JB from JLS.

Forget boring student newspapers run by uptight crusaders battling to enhance their egos: we’re different. At The Tab, we believe there’s actually an inverse correlation between depth of craniums in colons and ability to produce journalism students want and love (translation: arseholes are no fun – you heard it here first).

That’s a promise

So, on top of being a student at the coolest university in London (that’s official), as you embark upon your journey of self-discovery you’ll have with you a trusted companion, a best friend, perhaps even an intimate lover: The King’s Tab.

Indeed, if you don’t want to sail through uni in a state of blissful ignorance, look no further.Our track record includes battling the expulsion of beloved coffee men and depressed students, debating incendiary topics such sexism, shining an unaccepting light onto on-campus controversies and documenting our university’s incredible scientific achievements, including the discovery of terrifying new species.  So, if you’re after a paper to love or hate, you’re dying to get your knickers in a twist, or you’re gagging for articles which reveal the latest campus gossip, this is the place to be.

Job = saved

This year, as with every year since our founding in 2013, we’re getting bigger, better, and (unbelievably) sexier. In the run up to fresher’s month, we’ll be posting loads of stuff to help you get the most out of the best four weeks you’ll have at uni: from club guides and takeaway recommendations to hangover cures and freshers fails, The King’s Tab has got you covered.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and in return, we’ll see you through.

Read the Tab and this won’t be you

And it doesn’t stop there! Control your growing excitement, re-adjust your boxers and wring out your undies, because we, The Kings Tab, are looking for YOU! That’s right, you pink skinned, innocent eyed, talcum powder scented fresher urchins, we need you to join our crack team of writers/social crusaders/rising behemoths of media.

So, if you want to be a part of KCL’s favourite student paper, all you’ve got to do is drop a line to your faithful (and brilliant) editors Ash or Sara. Even if you don’t fancy writing, but you’ve heard some great gossip on campus, we still want to hear from you: catch us at [email protected] or pitch your stories via Facebook. And get this – if your story’s got juice, we heard the big guns over at Tab HQ will literally give you money.

But this could be you

Anyway, that’s all for now, folks. Congratulations again – we  hope you have a fabulous first year making great friends, going on unreal nights out and, most importantly, pretending that Somerset House is the Strand Campus. Don’t worry, we all do it.

Lots of love,

The King’s Tab x