The 7 people who ruin pre-lash

We all know the type – those few people who just can’t seem to grasp the concept of the pre-lash.

Simple in its inelegance, a few Strongbows or the odd bottle of Tesco own-brand wine are consumed, huddled round a sticky table of even stickier cards, waiting for the inevitable 11pm “get your coats” – the pre-lash is one of the staples of uni life.

1. That one person who gets drunk too quickly

Too much too soon

We’ve all been there, the half-price bottle of chardonnay goes down just a little too easily, one (or ten) too many shots get drunk and suddenly you’re TC’ing in your mate’s loo, holding your own hair back, too ashamed to tell your friends how low you’ve fallen. (As if they haven’t already noticed). Passing out on your friend’s bed at 9.45pm, post-chunder, is about the biggest mood killer ever.

2. The people who don’t know the rules of basic drinking games

Made even easier with an app. How hard can it be?

Ring of Fire. Fives. Never have I ever. Would you rather?

As a student, it is your duty to know the rules to some of the most basic drinking games out there. There is nothing more infuriating than explaining the rules of Fives to one poor guy who, two pints down, just can’t grasp the fact that shouting out 12 is not right.

3. The people who spend half of the night explaining complex drinking games

Just shut up and drink

Conversely, the people (usually 2 or 3 of them) who know some obscure drinking game – “we played it alllll the time in Malia/Thailand/Ayia Napa” (delete as appropriate) – and insist on explaining it to the rest of the group in the most roundabout and confusing way possible, are just as bad.

4. The people who take over the music with their crappy ‘Prinks’ playlists

No… Just no…

Note to all this applies to: NO ONE wants to be doing shots to LMFAO before 11pm and a suitable state of inebriation. Please refrain from discarding host’s iPods in favour of ‘drinking’ music – whatever that is.

5. The people who don’t drink spirits

Attempting to fool them

I don’t care how ‘big’ a night you had last night. If you’re coming to pre-drinks, you’re drinking spirits. No excuses. Taking it slow, fine. Declining, no.

6. The people who break furniture

Recipe for disaster

Nothing is more of a buzz-killer than a lost security deposit. Breaking someone’s furniture before the main part of the night even begins is a no-no, and a sure way to never get a return invitation, pre-drinks or otherwise.

7. The people who don’t join in

Constant group fun here…

Drinking games are fun. Or are meant to be. Sitting in the corner fiddling with the speakers is not. Simply, join in or go home, go hard or go home, it’s pre-drinks and you’re a student.