Police release CCTV images of man in connection with assault near Glasgow University

They believe he might be able to help with the investigation

Police have released CCTV footage following the assault of a woman near Glasgow University.

The image shows a Caucasian male with dark hair and a beard. Police believe he could help with the investigation.

The footage was recovered from the attack on Napiershall Street, near Great Western Road around the time of the attack on December 13th. See the images below:

Reports describe him as white with dark hair, a dark beard, and a foreign accent. The jumper he was pictured wearing a distinctive jumper with two arrows pointing down the back.

As this investigation is still on going if the man in the image looks familiar please contact the Police via 101, quoting the incident number 1992 of 17th December 2019.

Members of the public can anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 with any information.

In the wake of the assaults, the University stepped up security patrols on campus. Students have previously criticised police for waiting a month to report a series of sex attacks.

Scott Kirby, president of Glasgow University Students’ Representative Council (SRC) told The Daily Record: “It is unfathomable how this has not been communicated as students rightfully feel like they have been let down for not being made aware of these incidents.

“We are incredibly angry and as a priority we will be seeking assurances from the university and Police Scotland that this does not happen again as student safety is of utmost importance to us.”

In an internal email sent by the university, a spokesperson said: “There have been four alleged cases of sexual assault in the West End of Glasgow.

“Police Scotland have charged a man in connection with three of these assaults.

“Incidents like this are rare and student safety is of the utmost importance to the university.”