Uni Wonka experience

One uni has already made its own version of The Glasgow Wonka experience and it’s chaos

They even had their own sad Oompa Loompa

One UK university has already done its own version of The Wonka experience and it’s probably the most cursed, yet best thing I’ve ever seen.

Strathclyde University’s Student Union posted a video on TikTok recreating its own version of the Glasgow Wonka experience fiasco and it’s just too good.

Strathclyde Uni is based in Glasgow, the very same city where the chaotic and hilarious events of the Wonka experience happened.

At the weekend, kids were left in tears, police were called and actors playing Oompa Loompas were traumatised after an AI-advertised event went tits up.

But already cashing in on the chaos in its own city, Strathclyde’s SU posted a TikTok with the caption: “Pictures revealed from Glasgow’s Strathclyde Union Tropical Experience🌴”.

It shows a pathetic little set up of a tropical party including a creased and rather sad-looking wall hanging, much like The Wonka one itself, a table with quarter-filled cups of juice just like The Wonka experience’s quarter cups of Tesco’s own brand lemonade, a deflated palm tree and an even more deflated person looking uncannily similar to our sad Oompa Loompa.

Uni Wonka experience

Via TikTok

People are actually losing it in the comments too, one student at Strathclyde said: “Delighted my unions is taking the mick out of the Willy Wonka thing” and another person added: “What on earth is Going on in Glasgow?”

But someone else joked they were “Only buying a ticket if The Unknown is there.” Now The Unknown is one of the best things to come out of this whole saga. It is an “evil chocolate maker who lives in the walls” and videos of it emerging from behind the mirror only to be met with screaming and crying kids have spread everywhere.

But don’t you worry! Strathclyde’s SU didn’t forget about The Unknown and today posted another Wonka experience-themed video of its mascot, a duck.

The video is captioned: “Revealed – The Unknown before it evolved to its next form and escaped to roam the streets and mirrors of Glasgow.”

@strathunion

Revealed – The Unknown before it evolved to its next form and escaped to roam the streets and mirrors of Glasgow. (Also buy a coffee from Roasters at Strath Union or something 🤷) #willywonka #wonka #wonkaevent #glasgow #theunknown #Scotland #fail #scam #funny #scottishtiktok #glasgowtiktok

♬ original sound – Strathclyde Students Union

You heard it hear first The Unknown evolved from a duck! Maybe this is where Long Boi has been this whole time??

Now this whole thing is actually iconic from Strathclyde Uni but I fear it may cause an onslaught of cursed uni behaviour up and down the UK as they all battle to remain relevant while the trend slowly dwindles out.

A House of Illuminati spokesperson said: “Today has been a very stressful and frustrating day for many and for that we are truly sorry. Unfortunately, at the last minute we were let down in many areas of our event and tried our best to continue on and push through and now realise we probably should have cancelled first thing this morning instead. We fully apologise for what has happened and will be giving full refunds to each and every person that purchased tickets.”

“We planned a fabulous event and it just did not take shape as planned and for that we are truly sorry, we are devastated at how this has turned out and understand people’s anger and frustration that everyone has had, refunds have already started being issued and the rest should be over the coming days, again we are truly sorry to everyone.”

For more like this Uni Wonka experience and all the latest viral memes, music and reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.