Image may contain: Hair, Spring Break, Head, Smile, Festival, People, Audience, Tourist, Face, Vacation, Crowd, Accessories, Accessory, Sunglasses, Human, Person

Meet the company bringing Durham to the races this Sunday

Ticket holders will attend the event at Sedgefield Racecourse

A new entertainment company, “Invades”, are bringing an affordable day at the races for students in Durham. Students will be embark on the 12 mile journey to the racecourse at Sedgefield, for a day which has been designed to make the races a more accessible experience.

Image may contain: Coat, Suit, Overcoat, Clothing, Apparel, Furniture, Chair, Human, Person

The Sedgefield Racecourse leg of the tour, exclusively for students at Durham University, will take place on Sunday 20th October. A fixture that’s taken place since 1955, the 2019 event is set to be Durham’s biggest ever single-day student event in terms of numbers.

The first of Invades’ events, which brought together students from the Universities of Nottingham and Loughborough, was a complete sell out, seeing 1450 attendees. So far, more than 1300 tickets have been sold for the Durham version of the event. In total, across all of their fixtures, Invades will be bringing together a total of 58 universities to 12 different racecourses.

Image may contain: People, Female, Apparel, Clothing, Crowd, Face, Finger, Person, Human

Market Manager for Invades, Anthony Morris, told The Tab Durham: “We’re all really excited to bring an event like this to Durham. There have obviously been race days done before, but nothing anywhere near this scale, so it should be an amazing day out”.

Tickets have already flown off the shelves, but there are still some remaining on Fixr here. Students can be picked up by coach from either the SU or Framwellgate Waterside. Ticket prices include return travel, entry to the Durham National, and there's also an after party back in Durham's very own Babylon to look forward to too.

For more information, follow the event on Facebook here.

Images via Facebook: @Invades.