Durham grad resigns as President-Elect of the Student Humanists after transphobic tweet

He retweeted a tweet saying ‘women don’t have penises’

Man who impersonated Olivia Burt and called her a ‘sex worker’ on Facebook memorial page appears in court

He also posted photos of graveyards and terminally ill people

Durham University has scrapped plans to introduce 8am lectures

The U-turn comes after negative feedback from students, staff and the national press

Durham Uni claims they thought the future DSU President was working for a ‘private business’ when escorted from Open Day

He had been handing out leaflets about rising accommodation fees

DSU president-elect ‘escorted from open day’ by uni security while handing out flyers about accommodation fees

The uni has said it is investigating an incident involving security and students

‘Insular and selfish’: Councillors roast Durham students at County Council meeting

Local councillors claim Durham students don’t care enough about the city

Durham Uni hints 8am lecture change might not go ahead after criticism reaches national media

The university has now revealed the changes are ‘provisional’ and ‘not final’

Durham SU president ‘furious’ at Uni’s decision to start lectures at 8am

No students or staff were consulted before the decision was made

Durham University will now start doing lectures that start at 8am

The University also confirmed that it will be splitting up classes from the start of the next academic year

‘Posh’ preview: Riotous yet complex

The Riot Club comes to Durham

We know exactly which Love Island contestant you are based on your college

All is fair in love and college war

Meet the models: St Chad’s Charity Fashion Show

Just when we thought fashion show season was over

Durham engineers told of error in exam paper with 20 minutes to go, only for there to be no error after all

The Engineering Department has made its second apology this exam season

I was offered money for sex by a private school guy because I went to state school

This is the reality of classism at Durham

Exclusive: June Ball 2018 performers asked to pay to attend after £23k overspend last year

Acts have been asked to pay up to £70 to perform

Josh Kay’s ultimate uni wellness guide: top tips for self care and happiness

How to make every week ‘wellness week’

It’s mental health awareness week. Here are some things you need to know

Asking for help is not a sign of weakness – it is a sign of strength, and one of the bravest things that you can do.

The Tab Durham

last seen today at 11:57

Get breaking Durham news straight to your WhatsApp

Find out which sports team’s getting banned next, who’s looking fire at the fashion show, and some gentle Hatfield rinsing. Straight into your DMs. 😘