Durham city centre parking space listed for sale on Rightmove for £25,000

There are 133 years left of the St Helens House parking space lease which has not yet sold

A Durham City Centre parking space has appeared online recently for £25,000.

Located at St Helens House, the listing includes the lease for a parking space only, with 133 years left of the 150 year tenure.

Located near North Road and Silver Street, the parking space would give the owner access to Durham City Centre on foot within minutes. Robinsons Estate Agents stress the space is an “ideal opportunity” in a “desirable area”.

The listing reads: “Available to buy City centre parking space. It is located within the St Helens House development, within walking distance of schools, amenities, recreational facilities, bars, restaurants, colleges and river walks.

“Leasehold – 150 years less a day from 2005. Service charge approx £269.04 per quarter.”

Despite this, The Northern Echo revealed how similar parking opportunities in the same area only cost around £100 per month through sites such as YourParkingSpace.

Rightmove listing for the Durham City Centre parking space

Entire houses in County Durham have also found to cost less than this parking space has been listed for.

This news comes after the BBCreported that parking fees in the city centre were also set to increase. Durham Council cite a reduction in congestion and emissions as reasons for the increase, but local residents are concerned that increases in parking costs in Durham city centre will deter visitors.

The parking space has not yet sold.