Image may contain: Rural, Nature, Shelter, Building, Countryside, Outdoors, Home Decor, Toilet, Bathroom, Indoors, Room, Person, Human

Block B Callice residents not allowed to return to rooms for a full week

That is a bit peak

Callice court residents affected by the fire on Tuesday morning have been made to stay in temporary accommodation until a later date, The Coventry Tab can reveal.

Block B residents were originally told by Callice staff that they may be able to return to their rooms by Friday, but this has now been pushed back to Tuesday at the earliest. This means the students will have to sleep in alternative accommodation for a full week.

Image may contain: Poster, Advertisement, Letter, Page, Document, Text

An email sent to Callice residents

The students living in Block B are not permitted to sleep in their rooms due to damage to the fire alarm system and fire damage to certain rooms

Students were asked to find alternative sleeping arrangements, or given the opportunity to stay in halls on the University of Warwick campus. They are permitted to return for short periods, if accompanied by a staff member, to pick up food and essentials.

Some students are returning home and missing lectures due to the inconvenience. Matilda, a Block B resident, told The Coventry Tab: "Luckily I've gone home. I guess it’s more awkward for people who are staying with a friend because you’ve gotta live with your mate and you don’t know how long for."

She added: "It's frustrating. It's just all really confusing at the moment."

Know something? Send tips to [email protected]

Want to break stories like these? Join the team! DM @thetabcoventry on Instagram or The Tab Coventry on Facebook.