Firefighters called to put out pan fire at city-centre Coventry student accommodation

Three fire engines came to tackle the blaze on Corporation Street

Firefighters were called out to a city-centre Coventry student accommodation yesterday after a resident started a fire in their kitchen because they left their pan on the stove.

Three fire engines arrived at Shunde Place on Corporation Street to help tackle the blaze at approximately 1:45pm on Sunday afternoon.

It took firefighters under an hour to get the fire under control and thankfully no residents were injured in the incident.

Shunde Place is home to hundreds of students in Coventry offering high-end accommodation just ten minutes from Coventry Uni.

Rooms for next year start at £150 per week for the most basic bedroom. The most expensive digs, the “mezzanine superior studio” which is only offered on a 51-week contract will set you back £249-a-week or £12,699 for the year.

The building comes with its own study space and gym. On its website, owners Homes for Students, say: “Your friends will be super jealous when they come and visit!”

Are you a Coventry Uni student? Do you want to help break the biggest stories on campus and write stories all your mates talk about? To find out more about joining The Coventry Tab, DM us on Instagram.