Image may contain: Floor, Flooring, Door

EXCLUSIVE: Callice students affected by fire moved to halls on Uni of Warwick campus

It’s an hour and a half walk away from Cov Uni

Callice Court students who were evacuated from Block B following the fire that happened yesterday, have been sent to an alternate accommodation on the University of Warwick Campus, The Coventry Tab can reveal.

The students will be relocated to Westwood Student Mews, a university halls designed for both Coventry and Warwick students but located on Warwick campus, an hour and a half walk away from Cov uni.

The Westwood Student Mews accommodation is in the Westwood area of the Uni of Warwick campus, ten minutes walk from the SU and centre of Warwick campus. It is much closer to the University of Warwick than Coventry.

Image may contain: Atlas, Plot, Diagram, Map, Electronics, GPS

Map showing distance to Warwick versus distance to Coventry

A Callice resident told The Coventry Tab: "They haven't yet mentioned that they are organising any transport back and forth. The communication was awful, in the end it was 11:30pm before they found someone behind reception confirming we had to leave, before that it was only the people who had been told as they went through reception.

"We don't know yet when we'll be allowed back in, but they said they hope it'll be Friday."

Image may contain: Document, Text

This comes after a student fell asleep with a candle burning in a ground floor Callice Court room in Block B. The candle set the student's ensuite bathroom alight and the entire bathroom was engulfed in flames.

Smoke spread to other floors, making them unsafe for students and the whole of Block B was evacuated.

Fire engines were called to the scene and rapidly contained the incident, nobody was injured in the fire.

We will bring you more on this story as you have it. Send tips to [email protected]

Want to break stories like this? DM @thetabcoventry on Insta or message The Tab Coventry on Facebook.