If you’re looking for a Cardiff Uni themed panto then look no further (it’s behind you)

Because nothing says ‘Christmas’ like a singing drug dealer in the SU

‘Tis the season for Christmas pantos: the awkward puns, the not-so-subtle innuendos, and every English person’s worst nightmare, the dreaded audience participation. The Cardiff Uni society, Act One, produced Christmas pantomime, Jungle Juice, which has it all. It was made specifically for Cardiff students by Cardiff students, so it should definitely be on your list of things to check out this week.

Based on the classic tale of The Jungle Book, the panto follows Cardiff Uni fresher, Mowgli, as he navigates his way through a very messy first night out in the SU. We won’t ruin the surprise, but expect to bump into some rugby boys, gap yah girls, and surprisingly chatty bouncers along the way. If you’re lucky you might even get to do a Sourz shot on stage with the social sec (we’d recommend sitting in the front row for that one).

The whole cast put on a really great performance, but our personal favourite character had to be Baloo from Big Tesco. Again, no spoilers, but they really did pull off that big purple dress well.

Also a big shout out to the A Cappella Society who brought some serious Pitch Perfect vibes to the Pulse stage.

The show only has two performances left and ends on Saturday 3rd December so be sure to check it out while you still can. Tickets are available from the link in the @jungle_juice_panto Instagram bio.

If you fancy joining the Act One Drama Society and maybe even star in their next performance then memberships are available from the SU website or you take a look at their Instagram (@actonecardiff) to see when their next social is.

Recommended articles by this writer: