Cardiff Uni’s staff and students will take on the Cardiff Half Marathon on March 27th

The runners will be raising money for research

On Sunday, 27th March, the #TeamCardiff will cover 13.1 miles of Cardiff in the long awaited Cardiff Half Marathon. The event is taking place after a delay of 18 months due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The team of 350 staff, students, alumni and friends are aiming to raise £70,000 for Cardiff University research.  Every #TeamCardiff runner aims to raise a minimum of £200 (£150 for students) towards a chosen university cause.

Neuroscience and Mental Health research is one of the university’s research projects, helping to develop successful diagnosis and treatments.

An additional project is cancer research, helping to develop effective diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cancer. Supporting this great research is the CanGen Cruisers, a group which consists of four cancer researchers at the School of Medicine.

Amongst the runners will be Students’ Union President Hannah Doe (Biomedical Sciences 2018-), VP Sports and AU President Meg Somerville (BSc 2021), and VP Heath Park Seb Ripley (Physiotherapy 2018-), helping to support the research taking place at Cardiff University.

All the money raised will be used directly for the university’s first class research.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• Students at Cardiff University to receive free CPR training

• For all of you who missed Cardiff Uni’s International Women’s Day Showcase, we’ve got you covered

• Cardiff University held a vigil in honour of those affected by the crisis in Ukraine