Alex Rider Amazon Prime show filming in Cardiff right now

Film crews have been spotted in and around Alexandra Gardens

Filming is currently taking place for the Amazon Prime show Alex Rider in and around Alexandra Gardens.

The show is an adaptation of Anthony Horowitz’s Alex Rider novels, which follow the life of Alex Rider, a teenager enlisted to work for MI6. The first book, Stormbreaker, was adapted into a film starring Alex Pettyfer in 2006.

The shoot has seen Museum Avenue and King Edward VII Avenue transformed into London streets, with red double decker buses and black London cabs spotted around the area.

A red double decker bus on Museum Avenue

The show, starring Otto Farrant, aired its first season in 2020, and it appears filming is well underway for season two, with crews for the show spotted filming in Cornwall and Bristol, prior to Cardiff.

It appears that Alex Rider isn’t the only show filming in Cardiff currently, however, with reports of film crews in Cardiff Bay shooting for an episode of Casualty… Cardiff truly is Britain’s Hollywood!