Image may contain: Outdoors, People, Crowd, Pedestrian, Bazaar, Shop, Market, Person, Human

Cardiff’s Christmas Market is back for another year and this is what you can expect

Bring on the mulled wine

It's that time of year again! On Thursday 14th November, Cardiff's Christmas Market started up, ready for the festive celebrations to begin. Whether you're looking for unique gifts for your loved ones, or just in search for some great food, these are the stalls you'll find in the beloved Cardiff Christmas Market.

Artwork and Prints

From pencil drawings to watercolours to pebble art, the talent at the Cardiff Christmas Market is incredible. From CJB Art, Banfield Designs, Reflective Images and many more artists, you will surely find what you're looking for.

Crafts

For a unique present that you definitely can't create yourself, there are several crafty stalls this year. Visit Rhiannon Art for coasters and placemats, Crafty Badgers for button and badge collages and Celtic Seren for Welsh lovespoons, including many more.

Ceramics

Cardiff Market's wide range of Ceramic stalls offer the opportunity for an entirely unique gift with Tracey Baker Ceramics' sheep, Matthew Jones Ceramics' tableware, and Tamyln Ceramics' jewellery and coasters and many more.

Charities

But it's not all about the shopping. Many charities will be appearing at Cardiff Market in order to raise awareness, discuss memberships, and talk about the ways in which you can help a great cause.

Ty Hafan, RSPB Cymru, Vision 21 and many more will be there, with CAVC even selling some heart-shaped pillows and handmade decorations so you can buy some amazing presents while helping out this Christmas.

Children's presents

There will be plenty there for children too, with stalls like Max Rocks ltd selling baby milestone cards, Sockadoo selling sock animals and fabric toys, and Littleheartfelt selling children's clothes.

Clothing and Accessories

Get ready for winter with Jalimali Events' hats and scarves, Chameleon's wrist warmers, and the Welsh Tweed stall's gorgeous range of clothing.

Food

Now for the bit we all want to know about. With so many food stalls this year, you will be spoiled for choice. Those with a sweet tooth can visit Dimkins Patisserie for their handmade French Macaroons, or Viva Los Churros for their – you guessed it – delicious churros.

Those who prefer a savoury snack can visit The Melted Cheese company which ranges from garlic bread to cheesy nachos. What is not to love?!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgXKEwBgqf5

Drink

Whatever your poison, we're sure you'll find it here with Cusan Welsh cream Liqueur offering a variety of cream liqueurs, Field Bar Wine selling a selection of flavoured gins and fruit wines, and mulled wine being sold by Celtic Country Wines.

Glasswork

For a present for mum that she'll definitely love, visit Goodhand Glass for their bowls, coasters and wall art. You can also visit Mouse and moon for their art-covered bottle lights, or Gift of Glass for their glass jewellery and daily demonstrations.

Home and Garden

Why not use the Market to spruce up your home with Ewemoo (this name though!) offering all things animal from footrests to bunting. Wild Shack sells bird boxes and feeders, and Designer Florist selling handmade flowers and flower candles.

Jewellery

If there's one thing Cardiff's Christmas Market has no shortage of, it's jewellery. From Liz Bowden Beads' glass jewellery and ornaments, to Coinware's cuff-links made from old British and foreign coins, visiting these stalls will guarantee a perfect gift for partners, parents and siblings.

Candles and Cosmetics

It isn't shopping, it's self-care with the market's selection of stalls selling all things pleasant. If you visit Isabella Charles Ltd you'll find everything from Candles to lipbalms to pillow mists. Beacons Creative Wales Ltd are offering organic soap and skincare products at their stall, and a trip to The Oil Hut will have you amongst glorious massage oils and face mists.

Textiles

If you're in search of homely touches, the Christmas Market offers those special items that stop your house looking like an IKEA showroom but with a little more individuality. Whether it's Cambrian design's woollen blankets, Seaforth designs' cushions and tableware or Matico's textile lampshades, you may just find the thing that makes your home your home.

Woodwork

Finally, the market has it all when it comes to woodwork. There is the practicality of Wooden Tops Furniture and their range of coasters, wooden hearts, and place-mats. Then there is the just plain cute products of Rustic Reindeer with their figures of snowmen, reindeer and hedgehogs. The many more woodwork stalls will have you buying gifts that you'll definitely want to keep for yourself and not give away.

There you have it, a breakdown of what to expect at Cardiff's Christmas Markets this year. The perfect time to drink mulled wine and buy all your Christmas presents while supporting local businesses.

Feature image via Instagram page, dazree125.