Image may contain: Interior Design, Indoors, Window, Housing, Neighborhood, Building, Urban
Breaking News

Gwdihŵ have announced they’re closing down

The popular cafe-bar will be closing its doors in the new year

Cardiff cafe-bar, Gwdihŵ, have issued a statement this morning announcing their plans for closure at the end of January.

It's thought that the reason for closure may be due to Cardiff Council's decision to grant the crescent with protected conservation area status, and therefore the landlords of Gwdihŵ have not renewed their lease. Therefore they have announced they will be closing on the 30th January 2019.

However, Gwdihŵ have announced that they are keen to carry on the their name next year, and encourage anyone who knows of available space or can offer help, to contact them.

In the meantime, Gwdihŵ have taken the opportunity in this mornings statement, to thank the promoters, musicians, staff and customers that have made the bar such an incredible place over the past 10 years.

An important message from the team at Gwdihŵ.

Posted by Gwdihŵ Café Bar on Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The Gwdihŵ team hopes to welcome as many customers as possible between now and the new year before its imminent closure in January.

Let's hope they manage to save the bar we all know and love.