A roundup of the best events happening in Cardiff to celebrate the end of term for when you have your life back

Probably not applicable if you’re teetotal

At the end of the exam period, and academic year, it’s easy to feel at a loss with what to do with yourself. Even finishing binge watching the Netflix series you started at the beginning of the exam period just reminds you of all the revision you self-sabotaged by not doing.

Luckily, we’ve created a roundup of all the best events happening in Cardiff to fill this end of term void, and celebrate three months of no 9ams or deadlines.

Good Life Festival – 1st June

On 1st June Good Life is taking over Depot for a festival with a “Caribbean twist”, with the legendary Late Nite Tuff Guy leading the parade. You can also expect a ball pit, pillow palace (!!!) and a Caribbean cocktail bar. Even if you haven’t finished your exams by the beginning of June, this festival is guaranteed to warrant a revision break.

The tickets are on the final release tariff so buy now to make sure you don’t miss out.

CYNT – 1st June

CYNT are back in the Great Hall at Cardiff SU for their final event of the year. They’re joined by HUNEE, Midland and Young Marco – tickets are selling out fast.

Brooklyn Zoo – 1st June

The best hip hop event in Cardiff is back at Welsh club on 1st June. Brooklyn Zoo needs no further introduction, other than a reminder to get your ticket now because they sell out every month.

Triple Cooked: Summer Jamboree – 5th June

Triple Cooked are returning to Cardiff, and Welsh club, with three rooms filled with art and live music, alongside DJs playing disco, house, bass, garage and grime.

The line up is TBA but tickets are already on final tier pricing, because realistically any night at Welsh club is a great night.

Itchy Feet Cardiff – 6th June

Itchy Feet are also coming to Welsh Club for a night of the best in vinyl island sounds, including Jimmy Cligg, Elvis and Millie Smalls. “Avoid the holiday blues don your grass skirts and Hawaiian shirts, no boots and braces, just flowers in your hair and summer-filled faces and come party with us!”.

Keep an eye out on Welsh Club’s Facebook page, for the launch of the first tier of tickets.

GIRL Cardiff, Buffalo – 7th June 

Otter Wales will be hosting their third ‘GIRL event’ in Cardiff, promoting gender equality in the music industry. There will be some of the greatest electro-pop female fronted bands, solo-artists and DJs to celebrate all things female.

Tickets are £5 and the event starts at 7pm.

Carnival Cardiff End of Term Bash, Buffalo – 8th June

Who doesn’t love a good bit of Buffalo? Better still, almost everyone will have finished exams. And, if you haven’t, then maybe consider applying for extenuating circumstances because the university have made you sit an exam so late and choose Buffalo over revision anyways.

We can only hope that the WTF sign will be reinstated to its former glory to really ensure term ends the right way.

Cardiff Gin & Vodka Festival – 10th June

In celebration of World Gin day, the biggest Gin and Vodka festival is coming to Cardiff’s City Hall for the first time.

With the £10 tickets including a souvenir glass and four samples from their extensive range, you can take some pics and make it seem like you drink something classier than Lidl’s Putinof to your parents.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMbSQT2ALeA/?taken-by=ginvodkaco

Miami Vice, TEAK – 10th June

The best final blow-out Cardiff has to offer. Good luck getting tickets for this if you haven’t already – if you require one you better start doing some serious praying in hoping for a miracle.

The Summer Terrace Party Cardiff – 17th June

What better way to celebrate the summer solstice than at a rooftop party? This is set to be one of the biggest events of the year, with a house and disco party in the day at Jacob’s car park, followed by an after party TBC in town.

First tier tickets are still available for just £10 so buy one now, so as to not risk having to fall even further in to the black hole of your overdraft.

Featured image by This Is The End photography.