Cardiff named one of the best cities for starting your graduate career

According to the UK’s leading graduate recruitment organisaton

Pareto, the UK’s leading sales recruitment and sales training specialists, has named Cardiff as one of the top cities for starting your graduate career.

The research conducted was based upon average salary, rental prices and cost of living in 30 UK cities.

Cardiff is one of the six most affordable graduate cities

This information was then converted into a cost of living score, which compares how much more or less expensive the cities were per every £100 spent in London.

The capital city had a base score of 100, and lower scores from other areas indicated a low cost of living in comparison.

Cardiff had an average salary of £32, 523, a 76.87 cost of living score and an average rent of £780.

Belfast, Leeds, York, Liverpool and Edinburgh were also named as the most affordable cities, with the Northern Ireland capital coming out top.

London, Brighton and Oxford proved to be the least affordable places to begin as a graduate.

Suzie Berry, Head of Candidate Experience at Pareto, said: “The affordability of the capital cities of Belfast, Cardiff and Edinburgh shows that graduates needn’t head to London in search of graduate employment.

“Despite the lures of the South East, the prospect of more affordable living and cheaper rent can outweigh a higher wage packet.”

Further information on the research can be found here.