‘Help fund the sesh’: Students have set up GoFundMe page to pay for night out in Cardiff

So far, they’ve made nothing

Two friends have set up a GoFundMe page to raise £150 so they can be reunited with their third friend, a fresher at Cardiff University for a night on the sesh.

The page’s description reads: “We need to go and see our friend who has gone uni in Cardiff, he was our 3rd sesher and we miss him yet both our jobs are a bit shit with pay, and we cannot afford to go and see him and have the best kinda night he deserves.”

18-year-olds Aimee Janina Spragg and Will Redpath cannot afford to make the journey from Wotton-under-Edge, near Bristol, to Cardiff. Aimee works on the baccy counter at Co-op and Will works at F&F in Tesco. They cannot be united with the missing part of their seshing trio, Ross Martin, a first year studying Graphic Communication.

As an incentive to donate, they will make a video of themselves swallowing 4 shots of lemon juice and eating a raw onion along with a spoonful of cinnamon, all whilst performing the ice bucket challenge. We spoke to them on how it all began.

So firstly, how did you come up with the idea?

Aimee: The GoFundMe page was created when Will and me were sat in his room complaining about how we’re both hella poor, and wanted to go Cardiff to see all our mates up there because it’s always been a mad night out. It started off as a joke and then when it came to sharing it we were like why not, let’s actually do this.

How long have you known your friend Ross for? 

Aimee: I’ve known him since year 9, we sat next to each other in Science. He loves being in Cardiff and is always on nights out.

Will: I met him when we were in the same tutor group.

Ross

If you did come to Cardiff, where would you go out to?

Will: Firstly there would be predrinks, and then whatever clubs we find ourselves getting in to. We’d make it a spontaneous night, they’re always the most fun.

Aimee: In the blurry memory I have of most of them my favourite clubs have to be Therapy at Soda and Live Lounge. We’ve only been able to go up twice because of our financial situations.

How often do you go on the sesh normally?

Aimee: We try to go as often as we can, but we’re mostly limited to our local pub so normally every Friday if we count that. Proper club nights has got to be about once a month.

Sesh is love sesh is life

Do you think you’ll manage to raise the money needed?

Will: Probably not.

Are you feeling nervous about filming the video?

Aimee: I think it will be seriously funny to do that video.

Will: I don’t think so, I think it would be hilarious.

So if you’re interested in viewing this video and have a passionate love for the sesh, then you can donate to Aimee and Will’s cause here.