An ode to Cardiff’s Victoria’s Secret

If only we all looked like the Angels do

After months of waiting and of walking past the tell-tale pink and black glossy walls in anticipation, Cardiff’s latest addition, a huge Victoria’s Secret, has finally opened in St David’s Centre, and it doesn’t disappoint.

You notice the bright pink shop front as soon as you step on to the escalator. It’s brighter, bigger and better than almost any other shop in the mall. It oozes sex appeal, but with more class than Anne Summers and more excitement than Boux Avenue.

welcome to Cardiff <3

As you step into the chandelier lit lobby, the first thing you see in the iconic mannequin with giant feathered angel wings, and you feel just like a kid in a sweet shop, surrounded by a hundred and one different types, sizes, fabrics and colours, all perfectly and meticulously arranged, and folded into individually categorised drawers.

like a kid in a sweet shop

You are hit by the delish sugary sweet smell of their signature perfumes all mixed in a dreamy haze, similar to stepping into Hollister but without that ridiculous gloomy darkness. The black and white marble floors are so shiny you can almost see yourself in them, and you’re surrounded by towering white pillars supporting the sky high ceilings. The enourmous chandeliers give a sense of instant luxury and you can see from a quick glance down the shop that there are many more rooms of retail therapy ahead.

iconic

It may be a touch on the pricey side, but I mean, isn’t that what your overdraft is for? With offers like two padded t-shirt bras for £42, and 5 lace knickers for £25, it would be rude not to splash out. Being overpriced and in your face is just why we love it.

better than chanel

The array of perfumes are some of the nicest I’ve ever smelt, in pretty glass bottles with old fashioned style puffs to squirt it out, just another touch adding to the Gatsby-esque charm, and the gorge range of cheeky negliges almost tempts you into buying one with matching knickers, and you tell yourself the excuse that it’s allowed to surprise your boyfriend, when really he’s at a different uni and Valntine’s day isn’t for months. But who needs at excuse to buy something this pretty? I mean even the mannequin is made of lace.

it’s not even valentine’s day

Even though the framed black and white photos of the VS angels that line the walls do make you feel slightly bad about the large kebab, chips and curry sauce you devoured after Juice last night, you glance yourself in one of the hundred mirrors all around the shop, tell yourelf you really need to go to the gym this week, then look up to see their whole range of patterned lycra yoga pants and multicloured sports bras and you know its fate.

ooo la la