Cardiff is no longer ranked the top university in Wales

According to new ratings by The Sunday Times

Cardiff is no longer the top university in Wales, according to The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 league table.

Cardiff came 46 in the UK and Swansea placed 44.

At least we beat them at Varsity

Swansea also won the Welsh University of the Year title, being identified as one of the four best universities in the UK for balancing excellence in research with excellence in teaching.

Contributing factors included Swansea’s £60m upgrade of its Singleton Park Campus, a 60 per cent increase in applications over the last three years and a high student satisfaction rate.

Health subjects, English and general engineering were recognised for their excellence in particular.

Alastair McCall, Editor of The Sunday Times Good University Guide, said: “Swansea made a compelling case to be our first Welsh University of the Year.

“The new campus has fuelled a considerable expansion of student numbers, making Swansea a hugely attractive options for students both within and from outside of Wales.”

Professor Richard B. Davies, Swansea University’s Vice-Chancellor, said: “Swansea University has caught up with Cardiff and changed the Higher Education landscape of Wales.”