Headliners pulled from Color Festival

Basement Jaxx will no longer be performing at the event

Ministry of Sound have retracted their artists and involvement in Cardiff’s 2016 Color Festival.

The change comes after festival organisers allegedly failed to settle artist payment within an allotted time frame.

Color Fest, due to take place Saturday 27th August, previously advertised main stage hosting from Ministry of Sound with headline artist Basement Jaxx and a long list of supporting acts.

But some of the event organisers say that Little Bigfoot promotions, who run the Cardiff franchise of the festival, failed to pay on time.

Second stage hosts Mayfair Sessions shared a picture on Facebook confirming the cancellation of their involvement, including their artists Angel and DJ Russke for the same reasons. 

We asked Mayfair for further comment to clarify which contractual obligations had not been fulfilled by Little Bigfoot, they confirmed that: “there has been an issue with payments.”

A representative for the Color Festival said: “We are naturally disappointed to learn that there have been changes to the headline acts for this year’s event in Cardiff on Saturday 27 August.

“As event organisers with an enviable record, we know what it takes to pull off occasions that create lasting memories and good times. That is why we ensure we consistently adhere to all contractual obligations; regardless of who we are dealing with. All payments to third parties were made in full and we completely refute any suggestion that changes to the lineup were down to our failings.

“It is with great frustration that we will not be seeing Basement Jaxx perform at The Color Festival 2016, but given the stellar lineup on show, our disappointment will subside to the tunes of Chris Lorenzo, SKT, The Golden Boy, R3Wire & Varski, Dilinja, Mampi Swift and Mollie Collins, to name a few.

“The only thing we know better than how to throw a party is how to plan one. With over 3,000 tickets sold for this year’s event, we are incredibly excited to see Cardiff lit up with colour.”