Cardiff Euro fanzone moved to the Principality Stadium for Wales semi-final

The stadium has a 20,000 person capacity

The Cardiff fanzone for Euro 2016 has been moved from Cooper’s Field in Bute Park to the Prinicipality Stadium.

The move is in light of Wales’ 3-1 victory against Belgium on the weekend, that has led them to competing in a historic semi-final match against Portugal this Wednesday.

The Welsh Rugby Union, Football Association Wales and Cardiff Council are letting supporters into the new fan zone for free to watch the Wales match that could see them go through to the finals.

The Principality Stadium has a 20,000 person capacity, whereas Bute Park could hold 6,000 fans.

There will be three screens for Welsh fans to watch the match at the stadium, one of which is 100ft.

Cllr Peter Bradbury, City of Cardiff Council’s Cabinet member for Community Development, Co-operatives and Social Enterprise, said: “The Cardiff Fanzone in Cooper’s Field has been a tremendous success.

“Close to 25,000 people have come through the gates to cheer on Wales and following Friday’s incredible performance against Belgium we knew that many more would be desperate to come and experience the atmosphere for the semi-final.

“We didn’t want anyone to feel left out, so it was important we found a way to increase capacity. Working with the FAW and the WRU to move the Fanzone to Principality will give thousands more a chance to see our boys make history.”