Rape advocate Roosh V has organised an event for supporters in Cardiff

It’s happening on Saturday at 8pm

A man who promotes the legalisation of rape on private property is organising meet ups in eight UK cities, including Cardiff.

Daryush Valizadeh, also known as Roosh V, argues that rape should be allowed on private property. He has over 18,000 followers on Twitter and regularly gives advice on how to pick-up women on his website. Attendees of the meet-up on Saturday must be heterosexual males and any women who try to enter the event will be filmed and publicised on his worldwide misogynistic network.

Daryush Valizadeh has also scheduled meet-ups in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester, Shrewsbury and London

Roosh V claims that asking for a female’s permission before sex is “lame”, and proposes to make “the violent taking of a woman not punishable by law when done off public grounds”.

The Cardiff meeting is set to begin at 8pm and attendees are to meet next to the statue in front of the Hilton Hotel.

Roosh V has told his followers to meet by the statue outside the Hilton Hotel

Social Sciences third year Zoe Lindholme, who is also head of Cardiff University’s Green Party society, said: “The position that Roosh V has taken is a ‘what about the men’ discourse by sympathising with rapists and displaying them as victims. Fortunately the following isn’t as strong in the UK as other places like Australia, but the threat of undoing the understanding about rape is still real and I only hope people aren’t naive enough to buy into it. The Cardiff sexual assaults tell us there is still a lot of work to be done to put a stop to rape culture, and that both men and women should work together to educate others on issues of consent.”

Detective Chief Inspector Richard Jones, head of South Wales Police’s public protection unit in Cardiff, said: “South Wales Police take all reports of sexual violence extremely seriously and, with the Police and Crime Commissioner, have been working with partner agencies to make tackling this type of crime a priority as part of our Violence against Women and Girls Strategy.”

“Sex without consent is rape. There are no excuses.”

A petition created online to stop Roosh V promoting his views in Cardiff already has 1,514.