Cardiff is the best university for LGBT employment in the UK

We’re also in the top 20 most LGBT-inclusive employers overall

Cardiff University has been ranked the best university for LGBT employment in Britain.

This week, Stonewall published their annual ranking of the top 100 best employers in Britain for the LGBT community. Cardiff, which has made the list for the past five consecutive years, broke new ground this year by placing in the top 20 most inclusive employers for LGBT staff (as well as being the only university to do so this year) and the top five in Wales.

Cardiff was ranked first for LGBT employability

The Vice Chancellor of Cardiff University, Professor Colin Riordan, said: “This is excellent news and a real testament to the commitment of all involved. I’m very pleased at our continuous progress in this Index and the recognition it provides for the efforts we have taken to ensure an inclusive, welcoming and productive working environment for all at the University.”

Cardiff has been steadily climbing the list, moving up from its placing of 24th last year and 52nd the year before. Cardiff was one of thirteen educational institutions to be featured in the top 100 this year, with Swansea, being the second most inclusive university, ranked at 36th place.