Return of the Smack: Brand new superclub brings back legendary night out

DC superclub relaunches ‘Smack’ night out, puts Cardiff’s club scene back on the map

DC DC Cardiff New club Smack Student night superclub

This week, DC (Destination Cardiff) Cardiff’s brand new superclub opens for business with two launch nights, as it bids to ‘restore the Welsh capital’s clubbing status’.

Famous Cardiff nights of the past

The two launch parties will be held on 14th and 15th March 14th at the new multi-million pound development, next to Walkabout on St Mary Street – which some of you veteran clubbers might remember as the old home of Liquid.

After being empty for 4 years it has now been transformed into a swanky unique venue boasting the latest in lighting, visuals and sound technology. Or a great new place to get drunk.

DC claims it will rival the best clubs in the UK and put Cardiff back on the clubbing map (were we ever on it?)

They also promise to bring ‘the biggest names from around the globe to the Welsh Capital’, and The Tab can reveal that they have already lined up Steve Smart and Dappy for performances in March and April.

Dappy performing in Walkabout

As well as being the newest club in Cardiff, DC is also the brand new home to ‘Smack’ on Friday nights.

Smack in it’s old home of Soda

A student favourite while at Glam and Soda, ‘Smack’ is returning for its fourth year and looks set to be better than ever.

As well as having their new superclub venue, Smack have also promised appearances from a number of big artists, with Clean Bandit already confirmed.

Benga and Youngman performing at Smack in Soda last year

Buzz has been building for days as the launch gets closer, with the night’s animal-headed posters filling Facebook and Twitter feeds and their unique guerrilla marketing techniques being seen around town.

Zoo on tour 2k14

Spooky

The countdown to Friday’s launch is already underway, promising to be a massive couple of nights and giving Cardiff its first glimpse inside DC.

Unfortunately until Friday we can only wait, but here DC’s teaser video to give us a hint of what’s to come…