Run Wales Run

Wales to host the International Association of Athletics Federations’ World Half Marathon Championships in Cardiff in 2016.

The world class event is scheduled for March 2016 and will feature elite and amateur runners breaking a sweat together. This is the first event that “a small nation like Wales” has been able to organise and professional athletes will use it as a preparation for the Rio 2016 Olympics games.

Former marathon and half marathon world record holder Steve Jones

Welsh man Steve Jones exclaimed, “Having seen the Cardiff Half Marathon first hand over the last two years, I am excited to see what the world’s best athletes will be able to produce on such a flat and fast course.” He believes that this will be a happy sight for thousands of knowledgable Welsh sports fans. Professionals like Mo Farah have signed up for the latest run. He is set to dazzle his supporters as he defend the 5000m and 10,000m Olympic titles he won in London 2012.

Will Farah be celebrating another victory?

Matt Newman, CEO of Welsh Athletics said, “This is a coup for Cardiff and Wales.” He is delighted over the huge endorsement Cardiff will receive, especially after its success of the Cardiff Half Marathon over the past decade. He is set to work hard for the next three years to make this fiesta of runners a memorable one.

An expected sight?

This will be the fourth time the prestigious race has been ran in the UK after Newcastle (1992), Bristol (2001) and Birmingham (2009).

Or go crazy and show your support!

So get your kit out and start running!