The Tab is looking for News Writers

All gossip fiends and general election teens need apply

| UPDATED Cambridge CUSU Drama general election gossip journalism News tabloid the tab university

Got a knack for news? What to know exactly what’s going on around town? Realising just how empty your life will be post-prelims? Then become a News Writer.

The Tab Cambridge is looking for dedicated news writers to join it’s new team. Whether it’s the general election, JCR drama or the most important things that affect students, news writers will be covering them each week. You’ll gain valuable CV points, have the opportunity to speak to MPs and be at the heart of the biggest stories in Cambridge.

News Writers will be working under our esteemed News Editor, Maxim Hibbs, who will provide stories and gossip to be covered each week. Given the magnitude of the upcoming election, we will specifically be looking for dedicated writers to cover the Cambridge race, a must for the many politics junkies who inhabit our university.

To Apply

Send an email to [email protected] with the following.

1. Your name, college, subject and year of study
  2. What previous experience you have in journalism and writing (non obligatory)
  3. Any aspects of Cambridge news you’re particularly interested in covering (General election, college gossip etc)
  4. What you like and dislike about the Tab’s news coverage

The deadline for applications is midnight on the 6th of May.

Our best news writers often go on to become our News Editor, managing one 0f the most important sections of the Tab. Such a role is demanding, so it’s vital we understand your capacity for news writing.

Apply before Saturday and enter the exciting world of student journalism.