Nighy Told Neigh: Actor Chastised After Riding Jesus Horse

Bill Nighy tried to ride the Jesus Horse last week while filming in the college, but was caught by porters.

bill nighy jesus jesus horse page 8 porters Rachel Weisz

Bill Nighy was caught horsing around whilst filming in Jesus College last week.

The actor tried to mount the famous Bronze Horse in the middle of Jesus College first court while filming new spy-thriller ‘Page Eight’.

During a break in filming, Nighy snuck up to the Horse while a set runner filmed him with an iPhone.

After checking to see no one was looking, Nighy attempted to straddle the horse. However, finding himself being yelled at by an irate John Gray, of Jesus College Porters’ Lodge, the actor sheepishly dismounted and sidled away.

Nighy and the famous Jesus Horse.

The Hollywood star reportedly spent the rest of the day asking students why it was forbidden to ride the horse and what the consequences would be were he to give it another go.

The Porters at Jesus declined to comment, but eyewitness Pranav Sood told The Tab that Nighy later seemed: “Quite keen to sneak back on. It was pretty standard [Nighy] really.”

Nighy has been filming in and around Cambridge since late January, along with Rachel Weisz and Ralph Fiennes, who co-star in ‘Page Eight’ with him.