Brookes fashion show delayed

Sponsor pulls out, forcing a reschedule.

The show which was supposed to take place after Easter, will now take place in September after the main sponsor pulled out.

Due to take place on the 24th April, Brookes students will now have to wait until next term for the ‘electric event.’

The main sponsor, an unspecified Oxford based estate agent, reportedly withdrew funding at the last minute. With the initial show date so soon, the organisers have decided to push back the event giving them time to find another company.

The delay will come as a blow to organisers and Brookes students alike after early marketing videos were met with high interest. Deciding to reschedule the show for September, rather than cancel it outright, the team now have time to look for a new venue to meet the growing demand for tickets.

The  fashion show had already secured brand de mouilpied to donate clothes and was planning on using Brookes sponsors, businesses, and student models to help them create an ‘electric event.’ 

Official photos of the models and a casting video have already been released but it is not known if any third years involved will return to take part next semester.

In aid of the Alzheimer’s Society, the event is being organised by Mike Starkie whose grandmother suffers from the disease.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiwRpWS48Ls&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Want to see more from The Tab? Like us on Facebook. To join in email: [email protected]