The Five Types Of Posho You’ll See At Brookes

Posh people: Brookes is full of them.

The Rah

Rahs make up a large proportion of Cheney’s population and have been thrust into the public eye recently due to partridge-gate. The most common image that immediately springs to mind when someone says ‘posh’. Red chinos and barbours are a must.

The Untouchables

These are the packs of unnaturally attractive people walking round campus. Don’t look them in the eye or try and join their ranks, these are the true Sloanies. They go on twenty mile runs and still look like they’ve just stepped out of a beauty spa. Watch out for Prada handbags and Canada Goose jackets.

The Lad

That one at pre drinks who entertains everyone with their laddish banter, downing pints/shots/wine as fast and often as they can to prove their LADishness to their peers. Always armed with debaucherous tales from their Gap Yah and the bantah that went on in their boarding house. Catch them with the rugby team sharking at Fuzzies.

The One Who Acts Like They’re Not Posh

Usually hanging round Cellar acting down with the drug dealers by greeting everyone with ‘bruv’ or ‘manz’ and putting on their best East London accent. Spend a large proportion of their trust fund on Class A drugs to rebel against their comfortable and conventional middle to upper class roots.

The Social Climber

It doesn’t matter if the social climber comes from a council house in Staines, they will still be talking about that BNOC they were once in the same queue at Sainsbury’s with for weeks after. Usually have a rather over pronounced accent from trying to fit in with the aristocrats they’ve been following about since freshers.

Want to get more from The Tab Brookes? Like us on Facebook.