Triangle restaurant owner: ‘Students smoking weed are ruining my business’

The food’s not the only thing getting baked

A flat of third years have got into trouble after the Tapas restaurant beneath them complained the smell of weed was stinking out their restaurant.

The customers of the Koh Thai Tapas restaurant on the Triangle complained to the owner after becoming unwitting contestants in Bristol’s version of the Great British Bake Off.

The restaurant’s ventilation system is connected to the flat of stoners above, causing havoc in the eatery which has a 4.5 star rating on TripAdvisor.

It’s really nice, actually

Sophie, a resident in the flat, told The Tab: “A sign was stuck on our door, but they weren’t trying to ruin our fun, they were just really worried about the effect this would have on their business.

“It was taken down a few hours later, but we soon got an email from Student Digs asking us not to use illicit substances.”

The owner of Koh Thai Tapas expressed similar sentiments. She said: “I don’t want to make a big fuss about it. But we can’t have it coming here into the restaurant, because it’s really off-putting to the customers.”

She added: “I’ve had customers coming in and being like, ‘Oh lord, what’s going on in here?!'”

The scene of the crime

Since putting the poster up telling the residents to stop getting high all the time, she said she hasn’t noticed the smell return.

She said: “While we’ve had trouble with people chucking water balloons at customers walking past, I haven’t smelt weed since.”