Bristol’s Urban Tandoor to get ITV reality show Keeping Up With the Kormas coming September

Bristol students’ favourite TikTokers will star in a reality TV show about their lives and iconic restaurant

Urban Tandoor, Bristol’s most iconic Indian restaurant, will be hitting our television screens in September with the debut of their new reality docu-series.

Launching on ITV, Urban Tandoor: Keeping Up With the Kormas will follow the work and personal lives of the beloved staff at the legendary curry house that has kept the people of Bristol happy for 10 years.

With over 190,000 followers on TikTok, Urban Tandoor has captured the nation’s hearts, serving up high-spirited parody videos alongside their array of traditional Indian cuisine.

The reality series will consist of eight episodes, providing viewers with an insight into the lives of the familiar faces behind the viral videos and unveiling how the award-winning restaurant is run.

via @urbantandoor on Instagram

Urban Tandoor’s owner, Sujith D’amedia, exclusively told The Bristol Tab that he was “elated” after getting the call from ITV.

“It is a huge privilege we will be able to showcase to the nation the amount of hard work and dedication it takes to keep this restaurant going. We can’t thank the people of Bristol and those who watch our TikTok videos enough.”

This isn’t the first time Urban Tandoor has attracted mass attention. In January, the restaurant’s cover of Sophie Ellis Bexter’s hit song, Murder on the Dancefloor, exploded online, gaining over 600,000 views on Instagram.

“Murder At The Tandoor” gained traction from Britain’s biggest radio shows, with Radio X and BBC Radio 1 discussing the parody on their daytime shows.

Sujith told Chris Moyles on Radio X that as a brand, they aim to “spread joy and happiness.”

Reacting to the news, Hiatt Baker first-year resident, James, told The Bristol Tab: “I love curry, I love TikTok and I love watching telly. This is a match made in heaven for me and I can’t wait to see it.”

Third year student, April, also added: “I hope the show will reveal where they get all the wigs from in their videos. I need to know.”

The reality show is expected to launch the curry house into stardom even further.

Urban Tandoor currently has two restaurants, one tucked away in the heart of the city centre and another at the top of Whiteladies Road. Bookings are particularly hard to come by, with this likely to become even more difficult after the show debuts in September.

Although the show will be available for the whole nation to watch, Sujith told The Bristol Tab that he has no plans to expand the Urban Tandoor empire beyond Bristol.

“Bristol is our home and we cannot wait to showcase the beauty of the city and its people to the viewers around the country.”

Urban Tandoor: Keeping Up With the Kormas will be available to watch on ITV this coming September.

You should probably check the date, you April fools!