We asked people to share the weird Notes on their phone

So many drunk notes, so hard to understand

The Notes section on your phone may have been designed to help middle-aged parents manage their “to do” lists, but we all know it’s best used as a home for the weirdest shit that’s gone through your brain.

While they make sense to you, to everyone else your Notes are an incomprehensible muddle. That said, there are certain key “types” of note that can be found on everyone’s phone.

The life plan note

Some of these are more ambitious than others

Here we have Sarah providing a perfect example of a student’s daily itinerary (probably an arts student though because let’s face it, uni isn’t mentioned once on there). She’s probably not going to get all of these done but as lists go this is a pretty good “anti-note” to the stress of uni. Good job Sarah.

The favourite phrase note

Political AND cultured

Giselle is conquering foreign languages and in doing so has clearly discovered a phrase so fun she’s determined to remember it and use it as often as possible. It’s meant to mean “tripping balls” but apparently the Spanish don’t really have that phrase. Instead, it’s literal translation is “I am seeing testicles”. Presumably the political insight here is another phrase Giselle feels a need to remember for use in regular conversation.

The research this when I get home note

Must remember to add to iTunes

Watching the performance wasn’t enough for Joe, he needed a name and website for his new favourite artist. Without Notes, Oana may have always been the one that got away but thanks to them Joe’s world has been opened up to broader cultural horizons.

The high note

Where on earth did this come from?

This note writer was clearly high. It happens. Fortunately, Notes are always there for you whenever you need to make sure your thoughts of “Canadian flags in the tomorrow garden” don’t disappear when the drugs wear off. Reading these back the next morning, you’ll never know what you were on about but that’s not the point.

The unfinished note

Because, as of this morning, Chippenham is the only British town.

The ‘even I don’t know why I started this’ note

If you can’t see this as ‘shaping the future of art’ you just do note understand

Trying to fathom what went on here is impossible, and reading this just makes you feel like you’re missing out. Even when the original purpose for this note has long been forgotten, always remember that even though you don’t know why, those bees really do need YOU.

The educational note

Bit of a note job

This one’s mine. I went to the museum. I was doing a lot of thinking. That’s all I got.

The life philosophy note

Sometimes, a note is more than a note. It’s a mantra to live your life by…

(Just note the time)