I hate to break it to you but posting in the Freshers Facebook group is really lame

Don’t do it kids

When used correctly, the Freshers Facebook group can be all kinds of fun (according to this guy).

Tito gets it

But most of the time it’s just really annoying, and the quickest way to achieve social humiliation. If you’re coming to uni this year (or, God forbid, having to repeat first year), here are a few rules to follow to make sure you use the group properly.

Save the cheesy lines for Tinder

Just no

Also, if you’re going to brag about your unconditional offer you should mention the fact you’re also an amateur bodybuilder so people don’t assume you’re a douche.

Use spell check

Try reading through what you’ve written a couple of times before posting just to check you’ve used real words and proper sentences.

Quality advice from Ian

Don’t over-share

Maybe leave out the part where you tell everyone about how you were previously bullied at school? Save that for a drunken confession during freshers week.

Boo

Think before you type

Preet is learning the hard way not to use the group when he’s drunk.

He doesn’t want.

Learn from his mistakes.

Tempting

Try and defy stereotypes

For example, just because you’ll be studying engineering doesn’t mean you aren’t fun on a night out.

Like she just doesn’t care

When in doubt…JUST DON’T POST IN THE GROUP

No matter what you write, you’ll come across as way too keen and it’s just embarrassing.

If you agree that Shellie is going to be disappointed in September raise a hand (or comment on this article)!!

To conclude, it’s best to just stay away from the group. Avoid it at all costs and wait until you’re actually at uni to make friends.

Unless you have an extremely valid question like Chris here:

He seems more like UWE material