Breaking News

Aberdeen has been awarded Scottish university of the year

Now that’s why they call it the Aberdream

The University of Aberdeen has been ranked as the Scottish University of the Year by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.

Not only that, but we’ve also climbed 16 places since last year, which puts us into a beautiful 26th place.

Our new principle, Professor George Boyne, stated: “This is a major honour and a testament to the efforts of our staff and students, as well as the great sense of identity and community that we have at Aberdeen.“

Following the praise of our newly elected principal, Alastair McCall, editor of The Sunday Times Good University Guide, said: “Aberdeen’s sharp rise up our league table this year is the biggest of any university in the top 30 and gives it a ranking commensurate to its status as one of the UK’s leading academic institutions.”

The University scored around 80 per cent in each of the following categories: Teaching Excellence (79.6 per cent), Student Experience (79.9 per cent) and Graduate Prospects (80.9 per cent).

It’s onward and upwards for the Granite City, it’s not all seagulls and oil like people might think.

Thanks to The Sunday Times for the information and rankings.